Friday, June 19, 2009

BYU loses to a snow storm!

We had an open house in Tremonton, Utah where Kenny is from. If you don't know where Tremonton is, it is located west of Logan. Tremonton is a small little town (my family makes jokes about it alot and we like to say it has a population of 5!) If you know my family we like to joke about anything and everything. Anyways, Kenny has lived in Tremonton since he was 4 so we decided to have an open house so all of his friends could attend . Mother Nature did not quite agree with us, it DUMPED and I mean DUMPED snow that day. It snowed so bad that they closed down part of the interstate so all of the traffic was forced to take the back roads. Kenny and I arrived right when the open house was suppose to start. I had to get ready in the car and thanks to Kenny's family and some extra hands mostly everything was set up and ready to go by the time we arrived. Despite the weather, we had a pretty good turn out. There were several people who were hoping to come but couldn't because they were stuck in the snow. My parents arrived with just an hour left in the open house. Bless their hearts, they were determined to be there for us.

So my dad informed me that he was not going to attend my open house unless he was able to watch the BYU Las Vegas Bowl game. If you know my family, this is no big surprise. We would not miss a BYU game for anything...

As you can see, I gave in and allowed the game to play during the open house. Sadly, they lost but we say that BYU lost to a snow storm. That night I think we all lost to a snow storm.

Our open house was lovely and very laid back which I liked.

This is a picture of us with Austin and Cole, two of Kenny's nephews. They were a big help at the Open House.

Opening Presents...


My good friend Deanna is a life saver. She helped do some of the flowergirl and bridesmaids hair for my wedding and she did my hair the day of the open house. Thanks Deanna. It turned out beautiful!

The top view...


The side view...


The bottom view...

So pretty! I wish I could have that much talent!

No comments:

Blog Background