We are in the ER. Addie hit her head, passed out and had a small seizure. Please say a prayer!
When I read those words, my heart sank! What happened? Is she okay? I immediately gathered my parents and we knelt in family prayer.
I had responded back with, call brother so your hubby and brother can give her a blessing.

What seemed like hours went by... My sister finally called and informed us that Addie was okay. I then said a silent prayer in my head thanking the Lord for the power of prayer and the power of the priesthood. I also expressed my gratitude to the worthy priesthood holders in my life, that in just a matter of minutes they were able to give Addie a blessing and through the power that they have, she was able to be okay.
My sister had told me that Addie was at home, pushing her stroller around when she bumped into the coffee table (a daily routine). The stroller had collapsed and she hit her head on the edge of the table. She fell down and passed out. As my sister went to pick her up, your arms and legs became limp, her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and she started to shake. My sister couldn't get Addie to respond and she couldn't get Addie to look at her. My sister, who is a very skilled nurse became a little nervous. She promptly told her husband to call 911. Addie continued to shake for a good 3 minutes. Right as he was calling 911, Addie stopped shaking. It was then when they rushed her to the ER. They took tests and did not find anything wrong. It did not take Addie long to bounce back to her normal self. As I was talking to my sister, I heard Addie talking in the background. Laughing and singing to all of the nurses. She definitely melted everyones heart! Thankfully, this did not turn into anything major.
When thinking more about this incident later, it made me realize just how precious life really is. A life can be taken in just a matter of minutes. Something that you may do on a daily basis, may not seem that harmful, when it may actually change your perspective on life. When thinking about this, it helps me remember the importance of life, the importance of my family, the importance of the gospel, the importance of the people in my life, the importance of love and gratitude, as well as expressing these importances on a daily basis. Most of the time, telling or showing someone you love or appreciate them just takes a matter of minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment